Jackson, MI 49202
Essential Duties and Requirements of the Job:
- 24 hour shot board verification.
- Attend pass-down meetings & communicate well with other shifts.
- Performs dimensional and visual checks as required (first piece, last piece and in process).
- Performing gage R&R and capability studies.
- All other lab testing required to assist the Quality Department.
- Filing records per retention matrix, all records must be legible.
- SPC basic knowledge and review or SPC records for trend analysis.
- Ensure housekeeping cleanliness 5S and orderly work areas to provide a safe work environment.
- Must drive fork truck safely and efficiently.
- Completed Layered Process Audits per the documented schedule.
- Maintain good attendance and punctuality.
- Interacts with Production Manager, Production Assistant, to ensure production is not disrupted.
- Ability to apply reasoning and understanding to carry out instruction in oral written and diagram format, ability to deal with problems involving variables affecting the process and production schedules. Ability to work under time pressure.
- Contain Nonconforming product per procedures.
- Leading manufacturing in root cause analysis through the nonconforming process.
- Setup and provide training for weigh scales as required by Supervisor or Management.
- All other duties as assigned by the Supervisor or any member of Management.
Level 1 Specific Requirement:
- General understanding and use of standard measuring test equipment in the lab (General Metrology)
- Required to travel to customers to rework / sort and problem solve any issues (state wide)
- Complete 5hrs of annual training in quality field to maintain position
- Must be able to pass Quality Tech skills training.
- Possess basic computer skills (Microsoft Office)